This soup hit’s the spot it’s warming and delicious and perfect for the fall months. I keep making this over and over again because I crave it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. This can be made using any squash.
Butternut or Pumpkin Squash Bisque
- Dutch Oven
- Cooking Spoon
- Chef Knife
- Vegetable Peeler
- 2 cups butternut squash or pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1⅕ cups diced white onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves roasted garlic (see tip below)
- 3 cups vegetable stock make your own for a deeper flavor
- 1½ tbsp maple syrup grade A dark (prviously known as grade b)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ cup cup red wine only use a wine you would drink
- ½ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds optional to add flavor and as a garnish
- a drizzle of toasted pumpkin-seed oil optional to add flavor and as a garnish
- Steam or boil the butternut squash or pumpkin until tender. Set aside.
- Sauté onions on medium heat in olive oil until translucent.
- Blend pumpkin, garlic, onions, and next 7 ingredients until smooth in a high-speed blender.
- Transfer the blended soup to a medium soup pot and place on low-medium heat.
- Serve warm with garnish of toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of toasted pumpkin-seed oil.