I adapted this from Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Kitchen, I made a few changes not many because it’s perfect the way it is, I just didn’t use as much onion powder & salt.
- 3 bunches kale
- 2 ¼ cups cashews, soaked
- 1 ½ cups purified water
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp onion powder (recipe calls for ¼ cup)
- ½ teaspoons sea salt (recipe called for 2 1/2)
- ½ teaspoon white pepper (recipe called for black)
- Remove kale ribs (save for juicing or just eat whole as crunchy snacks -- if you have a dog they love these). Tear the leaves into large pieces, approximately the size of your palm. Wash thoroughly and dry.
- Drain cashews. In a high-speed blender, blend with the remaining ingredients. The final product should be smooth and creamy and resemble a thick dressing. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly coat the kale pieces with the cream.
- On a dehydrator tray place coated kale, leaving enough room for air to circulate around them.
- Dehydrate overnight until kale pieces are crisp and light. Trust me these wont last longer than a week because you will want to eat them all they are so good.
This recipe took up my full 9-tray dehydrator if you cannot accommodate all the chips, split the recipe in 1/2 or do this in batches.