Buckwheat Pancakes with Maple Berry Syrup
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup organic, unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2½ cups nondairy milk (almond, soy, or rice)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) (¼ cup) vegan butter, melted
- Vegan butter or nonstick cooking spray for the pan
- Real maple syrup or get fancy with the below maple berry syrup
- Maple Berry Syrup
- Maple-Berry Syrup
- One 10-ounce bag organic frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours and baking powder. Whisk in the nondairy milk, agave nectar, and melted butter until a batter forms.
- Allow the batter to rest a few minutes. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add a small dab of butter to the pan, or spray with nonstick cooking spray. For each pancake, pour about ½ cup of batter into the pan.
- When the pancakes show air bubbles all over the tops and the bottoms are browned, flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook on the opposite side until golden brown.
Maple Berry Syrup One 10-ounce bag organic frozen mixed berries ½ cup water ¼ cup real maple syrup
- In a small saucepan bring all ingredients of the syrup to a simmer.
- Simmer until the berries are soft.