Healthy Buffalo Bites
- 2 medium heads cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ to 2⁄3 cup Sriracha or similar-style hot sauce (more hot sauce the hotter it tastes)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon coconut aminos. soy sauce or tamari
- Preheat the oven to 450°F - If you haven't already. Lay parchment on or lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Break up your cauliflower into little bite size pieces
- Whisk together the flour and water in a big bowl until a batter forms with no chunks.
- Toss in the cauliflower and mix it around until all the pieces look coated. Spread the cauliflower out on the baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Mix those them around
- Make the hot sauce. In a small saucepan, mix the oil, Sriracha, vinegar, and soy sauce. Heat that over a low heat until the sauce is warm but not boiling. Turn off the heat and let it sit.
- After 15 minutes in the oven, dump the cauliflower back in a bowl and toss it with the hot sauce mixture from the stove top.
- Make sure everything is coated. Put them back on the baking sheet, leaving the extra sauce in the bowl, and roast for another 3 minutes just so everything is warm.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with something cooling snap peas, cucumber sticks or even jicama and a dipping sauce on the side if you prefer.